With our telephone banking Phone Answer Line (PAL) you can access savings and checking accounts, Money Market accounts, loans and general and product information any day, any time.
Telephone banking let’s you check your current and available balances, learn dividends paid, verify paid and outstanding checks, hear ATM transactions and gives you access to your account history. Additionally, you can transfer funds, draw from your line of credit and make cross member transfers all from your phone.
How Do I Use Telephone Banking?
- Call (260) 432-1561 or (800) 837-3262. (Please note: you must use a touch tone phone.)
- Once the automated teller answers, press the number 2 to get into the PAL system.
- Enter your member number.
- Next, enter or set your six-digit access code/PIN. (Please note: you will be asked to verify yourself with your Social Security number and date of birth to set or change your access code.)
- Once your account has been accessed, follow the menu options to select the account you want to access and the type of transaction you would like to perform. Be sure to follow the instructions given by the automated teller for each step.
Basic Menu Options
- Checking accounts (enter 1)
- Savings accounts (enter 2)
- Loans (enter 3)
- More options (enter 4)
- Speak to a customer service representative (enter 0)
- Main menu (enter 9)
- Regular Savings (0001)
- Checking (0002)
- Money Market (ex. CIA) (0003)
- Special Savings 00(10)
- Christmas Club (0011)
- Regular Loans (0121)
- Line of Credit (0141)
- Certificate and Share Secured Loans (0143)
- Mortgages (0171)
Check your monthly statement for the correct account numbers for your account(s).
Member Liability for Unauthorized Persons
If you believe your access code/PIN has been stolen or used by an unauthorized person, you MUST report this to us at once. You may also want to change your PIN immediately by directly calling PAL and making the change. Telephoning is the best way to keep losses to a minimum. If you notify us within 2 (two) business days and during that time someone uses your account without your permission, you can lose no more than $50.
If you do not notify us within 2 (two) business days after your learn of the theft of your access code/PIN and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your PIN without your permission if you had notified us, you could lose up to $500.
If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, notify us at once. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed, you may not get the money you lost if we can prove that had we been notified, we could have stopped someone from using your PIN to take your money illegally.
This disclosure is pursuant to the Federal Electronic Funds Transfer Regulation. The use of your PAL access code/PIN is subject to the stated regulations covering the rights and liabilities of the user and Fort Financial Credit Union.
Credit Union Liability
We are liable for any losses or damages you may incur if we do not properly complete a transfer to or from your account according to our agreement with you, with these exceptions:
We are NOT liable if, through no fault of the credit union, your account does not contain enough money to make a transfer; or if PAL was not working properly and you were aware of this when you began the transaction.
What Constitutes a Business Day?
Our business days are Monday through Friday. We reserve the right to change our business days, hours and the days we are closed. We will notify you in advance if and when we make such changes.