The 2023 scholarship application process is now closed (June 15).
Fort Financial is committed to developing tomorrow’s workforce today. To support our members in tackling the rising cost of college education, we offer an annual scholarship competition awarded to eligible students.
Who is eligible to apply?
Members in good standing with Fort Financial Credit Union attending an accredited college or university in the fall and considered full-time status. Person(s) responsible for the student’s financial support must also be members in good standing. In addition, applicants should be:
- High school graduating seniors in the upper 25% of their graduating class, OR
- Current college students attending or accepted to an accredited college or university.
What type of things are considered in the selection process?
The scholarship committee looks for an overall level of high achievement in the areas of academics and community involvement. In addition, the committee will consider evidence of quality of character, initiative, integrity, concern for others and financial need when selecting scholarship recipients.
How do I apply?
You can access the application packet here. Completed application packets can be submitted in the following ways:
Completed application packets can be submitted in the following ways:
- Application and other documents can be attached in a single message and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure the applicant's name is clearly identified on the documents and in the email.
- Application and other documents can be sealed in an envelope and addressed to “Attn: Scholarship Committee.” These envelopes must then be delivered or mailed/postmarked to a Fort Financial Credit Union branch location no later than June 15.
Ensure all requested documents and the full application is returned. Incomplete packets will not be considered for an award.
The following is required for a “Completed Application Packet”:
- Completed cover sheet, application, and financial statement
- Education transcript including GPA (for high school and/or recent college semester)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Letter of Acceptance from college/university, or proof of current attendance (recent transcript, university email, other).
When is the application deadline?
Completed applications and supporting materials are due no later than June 15 for scholarship consideration.
When will the scholarship recipients be announced?
The scholarship committee reviews all application packets and selects the scholarship recipient(s). Awards will be announced mid-July.
All applicants – whether they are selected for an award or not – will be notified of their status.